Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS) was established in 1920 under the Indian Red Cross Society Act and incorporated under Parliament Act XV of 1920. The acts were last amended in 1992 and of rules were formed in 1994.
The IRCS has 35 State / Union Territory Branches with more than 700 district and sub-district branches.
Honourable President of India is the President and Honourable Union Health Minister is the Chairman of the Society.
Aims, Objectives and Jurisdiction
The aims and objects of the Indian Red Cross Society, shall be as shown in the First Schedule of the Act, XV of 1920 as amended from time to time viz:-
1. Aid to the sick and wounded members of the Armed Forces of the Union in accordance with the terms and spirit of the Geneva Conventions of 12th August, 1949 and discharge of other obligations devolving upon the Society under the conventions as the recognized auxiliary of the Armed Forces Medical Services.
2. Aid to the demobilized sick and wounded members of the Armed Forces of the Union.
3. Maternity and Child Welfare.
4. Junior Red Cross.
5. Nursing and Ambulance Work.
6. Provision of relief for the mitigation of suffering caused by epidemics, earthquakes, famines,
floods and other disasters, whether in India or outside.
7. Work parties to provide comforts and necessary garment etc. for hospitals and health institutions.
8. The establishment and maintenance of peace among all nations in accordance with the decisions of the International Red Cross Organization.
9. The expenses of management of the Society and its branches and affiliated societies and bodies.
10. The representation of the Society or on at International or other Committees formed for furthering objects similar to those of the Society.
11. The improvement of health, prevention of diseases mitigation of suffering such other cognate objects as may be approved by the Society from time to time.
For more information Visit-http://haryanaredcross.org/